- Home /
- Marin 2012 Bridgeway Step-Thru Urban Bike Vintage Tan
Product Details: Marin 2012 Bridgeway Step-Thru Urban Bike Vintage Tan
METRO Series: The Bridgeway series are perfect for those looking to cruise in comfort and style. These distinctively different bikes offer great value and functionality. Lightweight, impact-resistant fenders and chain guards keep the elements away from clothing and the available cargo racks allow you to bring everything you need along for the ride.
- Model Name - Bridgeway Step-Thru
- Model Category - Street
- Model Series - Metro
- Model Number - A12-680-1J
- Sizes USA - 15W 17W 19W
- Frame - 6061 Aluminum with Edge 3 Top and Down Tubes, E4 Anti-Flex Seat Stay
- Front Suspension - Cromoly Rigid 1 1/8”
- Rear Suspension - 0
- Shift Lever - SRAM X-3, 7 Speed Trigger
- Derailleur Front - 0
- Derailleur Rear - SRAM X-3
- Brakes Front - Forged Alloy Linear Pull with Front Power Modulator
- Brakes Rear - Forged Alloy Linear Pull
- Brake Levers - Forged Alloy 3 Finger
- Pedals - Alloy Platform with inlaid TPE grip
- Crankset - Suntour Forged 4-Arm, 42T
- Chain Cover - Chain Cover
- Bottom Bracket - Sealed Cartridge
- Chain - UG51
- Cassette - Shimano, 14-34, 7 Speed
- Hub Rear - Alloy Double Sealed, 36 Hole with QR
- Hub Front - Alloy Double Sealed, 36 Hole with QR
- Rims - Alex DC25, Double Wall, 36 Hole with CNC Side Walls
- Spokes Nipples - 14 Gauge Stainless
- Tires - Vittoria Adventure 700x35c, with Puncture Protection
- Saddle - Marin Metro with Dual Density padding
- Seatpost - Alloy Micro Adjust, 27.2mm
- Stem - Marin Forged Alloy, Threadless
- Handlebar - Alloy, Classic Bend
- Grips - Crayton Ergo
- Headset - FSA, 1 1/8”, Threadless
- Rack - #N/A
- Fender - YF City Fenders with Safety Clips and Splash Guards
- Kickstand - Kickstand
GEOMETRY DEFINED SOUL, THE MEASUREMENTS THAT ADD UP TO PERFORMANCE:
The soul of a bicycle lies in how it rides, how it handles the next switchback, how it puts the power to the ground, how it manages the next rock section, and how it tracks at top speed. These characteristics are a function of the bike's geometry, which is defined by the lengths of the tubes and the angles at which they interface. It is these details that Marin designers focus on to achieve a truly great riding bicycle.
We strive to build not only superbly constructed frames that are lightweight and durable, but to specify frame measurements and geometries that are engineered utilizing cutting edge technology and computer modeling. In addition to thousands of hours of saddle time, Autodesk's Inventor software allows the Marin R&D team to dynamically measure frame performance and efficiencies to the most infinitesimal levels. The result is a bicycle that has been engineered to out perform expectations in all of the areas it was designed to excel in.
The sizing and angles are carefully studied and ride tested by different riders of varying ability levels to ensure that every bike in each category exhibits the ride characteristics that we intend. For some bikes, like the Comfort series, we want an easy, stable steering ride. Other bikes, like a Quake 7.3, need to have a slack headtube angle and a low center of gravity for steep terrain. Every type of bike has different requirements, and geometries are to be tuned to meet them.
The design team pours over these details so when you head out for a ride, no matter where that is, you can enjoy every minute of it.
THE EDGE SHAPING ADVANTAGE, OUR CUSTOM TUBESETS ARE SHAPED TO EXCEL:
The frame is the single most important component of your bicycle. Like the foundation of a house, the frame is what a great bike is built upon. We carefully engineer and design each model to be built with the ideal tubesets that deliver the best ride charateristics for every individual bike.
Hydroforming permits the construction of complicated 3-D engineered shapes. By changing the external dimensions of a tube as well as adding strategically located factes and curves, we can alter how it behaves under a rider's load. Increasing the diameter of a tube near a welded junction increases its strength by spreading the loads over a larger area. Much the same way as the diameter of a tree becomes greater at its base, our product engineers have taken a lesson from nature and applied it to our shaped tubesets. The factes and curves in the surfaces of our Edge tubesets add stiffness without adding weight. Hydroforming is done at room temperature under immense pressures. This construction technique minimizes physical damage to the tube during the forming process as well as maintains the grain alignment of the material. In turn we can use less material safely in the knowledge that we've started with the strongest base. The results are incredibly lightweight and strong frames that can only be a Marin Bike.
- At tube junctions the cross-section of the tubing is greater
to increase the weld surface area helping dissipate the loads.
- Smaller diameter sections allow the tubes to fl ex, dissipate vibrations,
and reduce weight while maintaining their strength.
- Hydroforming provides structurally superior tubing with which
we construct our lightweight, durable, and organically shaped frames.
Every tube used in the construction of a Marin bike begins life as a simple, plain round tube and is transformed into a performance machine. Butting is a process by which a plain round tube has material removed in order to make it lighter without sacrificing its useful strength. By customizing this process for every size of every bike in the Marin line, we're able to better tune each bike's ride quality for each specific rider. Often times, tubesets are designed with the tallest riders in mind and are cut down to fit shorter riders. While this would save money in the frame manufacturing process, we believe that this is a short cut on quality and performance. Marin Bikes' near-custom frame production means every bike is built with you, the end rider, specifically in mind.
- Tubing is thicker at the ends where welds are applied and forces are the highest. This ensures there is enough material to produce a reliable welded joint, and a stronger structure to manage stress and strain.
- Thinner wall sections span the mid section of the tube, where forces are lowest. The result is a tube that retains its strength while managing to reduce weight.
- Butting specifications, or profiles, are different for each tube and each frame. Additionally, every size of a specific frame has a different butting profile.
We Have The Marin 2012 Bridgeway Step-Thru Urban Bike Vintage Tan In Stock In Canada.
We are proud to be an official partner with Marin Bikes in Canada.
BRAND Marin SEASON Spring 2012
Write Your Own ReviewFree Shipping
Do you want to return something? No problem!
- At Comor Sports we value our customers, always trying to meet their expectations. We understand that sometimes item you ordered is not exactly what you were looking for or it doesn't fit perfectly.
- In this case simply return it in its original condition within 30 days of shipped date and we'll exchange it, issue store credit or refund it.
- Find out more about our Return Policy.
Comor Sports is a proudly Canadian company. We offer the best brands in skis, snowboards, bikes and more and are proud to bring you our products online. At this time, we are only shipping within Canada.
If You Spend $100 Or More* at comorsports.com We Will Ship Your Order For Free!
Read more about Free Shipping.
Regular Price: CA$699.99
Sale Price: CA$629.99
Check items to add to the cart or select all